We encourage loved ones to visit patients and we make every effort to provide a safe and comfortable environment for our patients and visitors. While receiving care, patients have the right to decide who may or may not visit, and those visitors are allowed without regard to race, color, national origin, language, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or socioeconomic status.
Our staff and caregivers understand the important role that visitors and support persons play and every effort is made to ensure that our patients’ support person is embraced as a valued member of the care team.
- To safeguard the comfort of all our patients, visitors are asked to talk quietly and leave promptly when visiting hours have ended.
- The visiting times and/or the number of visitors may be limited in certain circumstances – and vary unit by unit – to protect the health, safety, and privacy of our patients.
- If visitors are not feeling well or have an illness that can be transferred to our patients, please refrain from visiting.
- Visitors must follow infection control precautions, keep noise to a minimum, refrain from taking photographs or videos, and comply with restrictions on smoking, alcohol and illegal substances.
- Before entering and after leaving your loved one’s room, make sure to wash your hands.
- All children must be in the company of a responsible adult and may not be left unattended.
Visits from loved ones can be comforting when you are hospitalized. For this reason, Encino Hospital Medical Center staff members make every effort to provide an environment conducive to the needs of both patients and visitors.
General Visiting Hours
- 9:00 am – 9:00 pm every day
Two visitors are allowed each patient. This is to be enforced by the personnel on the unit. Visitors are not to sit on the patient’s bed. Children under 12 are not allowed to visit patients unless otherwise stated in specific unit guidelines. This does NOT include maternity.
Visitors and family of patients going to surgery are to wait in the lobby of the Hospital on the main floor. If the patient has a private room, the family may remain in the room.
Exceptions can be approved by the Nursing Supervisor for specific circumstances where MD will be contacted and MD will issue order for overnight visit if it is conducive to optimize patient care. The visitor will also sign a contract stating that they will not interfere with nursing or medical care and the hospital reserves the right to reject the contract at any time.
Mental Health Unit:
- Monday through Friday: 12:00-1:00 p.m. | 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Weekends & Holidays: 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Critical Care Areas (ICU, CCU)
- 2 visitors at a time (maximum) for 10 minutes every hour. Children under 12 are not permitted.
- No visitors are permitted in Recovery Room unless permission has been obtained from the O.R. supervisor. If permission is obtained, the visitor will abide by rules and regulations of Recovery Room Policy.
- Visitors for Subacute patients has 24 hours access.
Patients and visitors may park in the parking structure next to the hospital. The entrance to the structure is on Ventura Blvd.
Meals and Snacks
Encino Hospital offers numerous dining choices. Our hospital cafeteria is open for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or a snack. The cafeteria is located in the basement of the hospital. Cafeteria Hours Monday through Friday are:
- Breakfast 6:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
- Lunch 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Dinner 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
An ATM machine is located in the cafeteria.